Materials to support My neighbourhood: literacy in context
Parts of speech raps
You can download cooperative logic problems designed to make students aware of workplace health and safety at SAFE-T1 (www.safe-t1.net.au). See:
- Hotspots for young workers cooperative logic activities
- More cooperative logic activities – Young workers injuries
- Common hazards cooperative logic activities
You’ll find some useful information about postcodes and their history at the following websites:
- History of Australian Postcodes (according to Storefinder)
- About Postcodes (Have a look at the wording on this website and the one above. Do you think Store Finder copied Australia Post or vice versa?)
- Postcodes in Australia
- History of Australia Post
Activity 5: Neighbourhood photo hunt
Links to suitable software and sites to use:
Activity 6: Literacy & numeracy in the community – a photo account
If you would like an electronic copy of Activity sheet 7: The best of … please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many websites where you will find word games. You will need to spend some time exploring the sites to see which games are suitable for the students you are working with.
Below are listed some sites you may like to have a look at:
Skill sheet 1: What’s a …..?
A few good clips about parts of speech are:
Rhythm, Rhyme, Results: Parts of Speech. (see above)
The Eight Parts of Speech rap. (see above)
Have a look at Spot and Crazy Monkey which explains simple and compound sentences.
There are a number of other clips on YouTube about different types of sentences. Some are more interesting than others!!